Thursday, February 21, 2008

February 22, 2008

The Bible: Its Testimony

Read the Bible through:
AM –
Numbers 7 : PM – Mark 1:1-15

About the Father’s Witness
John 5:37

37 “And the Father Himself, who sent Me, has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form”

What unrecorded voice from the past would you choose to hear? As a preacher I would want to hear Charles Hadden Spurgeon, of long ago, preaching from his London pulpit. Although I could not hear his voice, I have read many of his printed sermons. Feeling as I read them that I was listening to him, I found great inspiration in his messages. I would have been a poorer preacher had I not “heard” that great man.

Jesus’ audience could have heard God speaking to them. Instead, they were content to hear only the voices of their teachers. They thereby missed their Heavenly Father’s promises about the Son. Had they been eager to hear their God speaking to them, everything could have been different. They might have received Jesus.

Lord, please help me to hear what You are saying to my heart through Your written Word.