Saturday, September 8, 2007

September 9

God Is Just

Encouraging repentance
Ezekiel 18:25-30

Read the Bible through:
AM -
Song of Solomon 5-8 : PM - 1 Corinthians 14

Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways," says the Lord GOD. "Repent, and turn from all your transgressions, so that iniquity will not be your ruin"
(Ezek. 18:30)

When I was in the ninth grade, I was challenged to put together a quiz team of Junior High School boys who were not believers. I was not a believer myself and most everyone knew it. We studied the scriptures diligently and made fun of the "Christian" kids who could not match our skills.

When I heard a sermon by Allen Davis on Psalm 119:11 at a Youth for Christ meeting, I realized I needed to be forgiven for my sin. Later that night a young University of Tulsa student introduced me to Jesus Christ.

After reading the Bible the next few weeks, I saw the need to distance myself from temptation. That meant that I could no longer hang out with some of my friends. I made friends with some of those Christians that I had been laughing at and together we saw many of my old gang turn to Christ as Lord and Savior.

Thank You, Lord, for showing me how to spurn temptation by removing myself from evil influences.