Wednesday, September 5, 2007

September 6

God Is Just

Owner of all
Ezekiel 18:3-4

Read the Bible through:
AM -
Ecclesiastes 4-7 : PM - 1 Corinthians 11

"Behold, all souls are Mine; The soul of the father As well as the soul of the son is Mine; The soul who sins shall die.
(Ezek. 18:4).

God owns "the cattle upon a thousand hills" (Ps. 50:10). That doesn't preclude personal ownership. It just reminds us all we have is on loan from Him.

God's mantle of ownership stretches across the universe. We have tried to teach our children that material things are not that important. People are. A preacher friend from back home told me the following story.

"Last winter I noticed that our oldest daughter wasn't wearing the warm, fuzzy coat we had given her. When I asked her about it, she looked embarrassed. "Well, you see, this woman came into the soup kitchen the other night who had no coat at all. I've got lots of jackets and sweaters. I won't freeze, but I was afraid she might. So I gave away my Christmas coat. I hope you don't mind.' I had never been more proud of her."

What has God loaned you that you can share with others?

Thank You, Owner of all, for Your loving kindness.