Sunday, September 23, 2007

September 24

God Forgives

And deserves praise
Psalm 51:13-17

Read the Bible through:
AM -
Isaiah 44-47 : PM - 2 Corinthians 13

Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God, the God of my salvation, and my tongue shall sing aloud of Your righteousness
(Psalm 32:1).

"It's not my fault." Thousands of homes each day hear that phrase from children. It is amazing how many problems "not me" and "I don't know" cause. It seems as if no one is ever guilty for bad things that happen.

God says guilt is real. When we are guilty, we are robbed of the joy we have in Christ. The guilt we often times feel is the result of having offended someone. Other times, someone shifting blame places guilt on us. Either way, joy and guilt cannot occupy the same place.

To regain our joy, we must first ask God to rescue us from our guilt. We must recognize our powerlessness to conquer guilt. Next, we must look to the source of all salvation and victory. Seeing there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus, our guilt no longer controls us.

God desires that we have abundant lives full of joy. As a result of Christ in our lives, we can share the freedom we have with others. This is a daily process.

Father, I praise You for freeing me from the guilt of sin.