Wednesday, September 12, 2007

September 13

God Is Patient

With those who follow Him
Jonah 3:1-3

Read the Bible through:
AM -
Isaiah 10-12 : PM - 2 Corinthians 2

Now the word of the LORD came to Jonah the second time, saying, "Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and preach to it the message that I tell you."
(Jonah 3:1-2).

God commanded Jonah to go to Nineveh to preach to the wicked people in that city. Instead, Jonah fled the other way.

We often make the same mistake Jonah made. When I felt God calling me to Las Vegas, I was scared. I wanted to run away. I did not want to leave the area where I had been serving. Yet God was patient with me. He continued to place the burden of His call upon my life. I finally submitted to His call, and He has blessed me for following Him.

God was patient with Jonah. He used a storm and a large fish to capture Jonah's attention. Then God gave Jonah another chance to obey Him. Jonah obeyed, and the entire city of Nineveh was saved because of His efforts.

God, thank You for second chances.