Monday, September 3, 2007

September 4

God Is Holy

Evoking Praise
1 Chronicles 16:36

Read the Bible through:
AM -
Proverbs 30-31 : PM - 1 Corinthians 9

Blessed be the LORD God of Israel From everlasting to everlasting! And all the people said, "Amen!" and praised the LORD.
(1 Chron. 16:36).

Celebration is the name of a church in New Orleans. It is a young, energetic, exciting new church that meets in what was formerly a shopping mall. The members find stimulation and love there.

When I think of churches like Celebration Church, I think of the 15 and 16th chapters of 1 Chronicles. I've found in these passages reasons for rejoicing and praising God. Read them and see if you don't agree. Perhaps you can feel the excitement of King David, having formed an orchestra and choir that marched through the streets of Jerusalem, carrying the sacred ark through the streets.

I pray that our church will be a fellowship of joy and excitement.

Lord, help me to joyfully praise You every day.