Sunday, December 16, 2007

December 17, 2007

Seeking Faithful Obedience

Following Jesus’ Example
Hebrews 5:7-9

Read the Bible through:
AM –
Jonah 1-4 : PM – Revelation 8

"Being made perfect, He became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey Him"
(Heb. 5:9).

My wife bought me a guitar for my Christmas one year. She also gave me a book so I could begin learning how to play it. I looked in the book and found the first chords I needed to practice. I worked on those chords but wasn’t confident that I was playing the right way because the sound wasn’t like I expected it to be. I needed a good example to follow, and my friend, Don, provided it. He sat beside me and with his guitar and showed me what to do.

In life we also need an example to follow if we are going to be faithful and obedient to God. By following Jesus’ example, we will live as God desires; and we will be confident we are living the right way.

Whose example do you follow?

Thank You, Lord, for giving me Jesus as Savior and as an example of faithful obedience.