Sunday, December 9, 2007

December 10, 2007

Using Ordinary People

Women Who Believe
Luke 1:39-45

Read the Bible through:
AM –
Hosea 13-14 : PM – Revelation 1

"Blessed is she who believed, for there will be a fulfillment of those things which were told her from the Lord
." (Luke 1:45).

The first time I saw her was in my office. She was pregnant and unmarried. She was a fine Christian girl, and she desperately wanted me to know she had made the mistake that caused her pregnancy only once. She told me some of her friends were urging her to have an abortion, but she could not do that. She believed God wanted her to love this unwanted child as a mother should. The last time I saw her she was still unmarried. She smiled as she talked with pride about her teenage son.

When Mary, who was six months pregnant, visited Elisabeth, her cousin somehow knew Mary’s baby was special, different, and holy. She accepted Mary and believed the stories she told about her pregnancy. These two wonderful ladies believed in God with all their hearts. They knew He was in control.

Lord, don’t let circumstances rob me of my faith in You and all my love of people.