Sunday, July 8, 2007

July 9

God Wants Me to Do What Is Right

In keeping God's commands
2 Kings 23:21-22

Read the Bible through:
AM -
Nehemiah 10-11 : PM - Acts 8:1-25

Then the king commanded all the people, saying, "Keep the Passover to the LORD your God, as it is written in this Book of the Covenant"
(2 Kings 23:21).

I never served in the military. But I became familiar with commands when I accepted Christ. That is when God's expectations entered the picture.

One of the first verses I learned was John 2:5, Mary's instructions to the servants: "Whatever He says to you, do it." The servants obeyed and Jesus performed His first miracle.

Many of our churches still sing "Trust and Obey." God's commandments are given in order that we may obey. How simple it is to hear His commands. May we follow through on them.

Loving Lord, Your commands are not grievous. Help me to answer, "Yes, Lord," and then do them.