Thursday, July 19, 2007

July 20

God Wants Me to Be Humble

And follow good advice
Exodus 18:19-24

Read the Bible through:
AM -
Job 22-24 : PM - Acts 15

So Moses heeded the voice of his father-in-law and did all that he had said
(Ex. 18:24).

Mike is a horseman. His dark brown Kentucky Morgan is a beautiful animal. Mike and Midnight spend hours together traveling the mountain passes of the Sierra Nevada. Hunting and fishing are Mike's hobbies. I, on the other hand, am not a horseman. I spend my free hours playing tennis or reading. So when Mike asked me to ride with him, I tried to see it as a life experience about which I would one day speak.

I could have told Mike all I knew about horses and faked my way down the road. However, I humbled myself and asked for a few pointers. Mike received a blessing from teaching me how to handle a horse. It put us on even ground. Later in the day, I had the blessing of sharing with Mike what I knew about the Lord. I think both of us learned how profitable it is when we find the right teacher and follow that teacher's good advice.

God, I still have things to learn. Open my eyes to Your wisdom in all areas of life.