Friday, July 20, 2007

July 21

God Wants Me to Be Humble

Allowing the lord to judge
Numbers 12:1-9

Read the Bible through:
AM -
Job 25-28 : PM - Acts 16:1-15

(Now the man Moses was very humble, more than all men who were on the face of the earth)
(Num. 12:3).

I find it best to leave the assessment of my abilities and the abilities of other to the Lord. My assessment of a particular friend was that he would never make a good pastor. He read his sermons like one would read a textbook. If the Lord had allowed me to be judge over my friend, I would have told him he must have received the wrong number when he was called to the ministry.

Moses may have been lacking some of the characteristics we think of as being important to a leader. However, God also was working to humble a people who would follow a flawed leader.

Yesterday, I talked to my friend who now has a ministry of eternal importance. I am sure there are many out there who said of me, "He never seemed like the pastor type to me."

God, let me leave judging others to You.