Monday, May 7, 2007

May 6

Ministry in Physical Crisis
A sufficient grace
2 Corinthians 12:7-10

Read the Bible through:
AM - 2 Samuel 15-16 PM - Luke 14:1-24

And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
(2 Cor. 12:9).

Society tends to frown on people who are disabled, elderly, or sick. If these individuals believe popular opinion, they may feel discouraged and devalued.

God's Word offers another perspective: "When I am weak, then I am strong" (v. 10). Only God can perform a mighty work through a frail vessel.

I've met people who, in their sickbeds, do not bemoan their circumstances, but instead glorify God. They don't give in to defeat, even though pain is a part of everyday life. Amazingly, they minister to others through counsel and encouragement. Through such people I have seen the work of God displayed. Even when cure is not attainable and death is certain, God's sufficient grace sustains those who are critically ill. Heaven will be the ultimate display of God's power "made perfect in weakness" as their frail bodies will be gloriously transformed.

Extend Your grace, Lord, to those who are suffering.