Wednesday, August 6, 2008

August 7, 2008

Being Faithful

Read the Bible through:
AM –
Psalm 65-68 : PM – Acts 28:1-15

FLEEING EVIL
Genesis 39:11-18

11“But it happened about this time, when Joseph went into the house to do his work, and none of the men of the house was inside,12 that she caught him by his garment, saying, "Lie with me." But he left his garment in her hand, and fled and ran outside”


I was caught. There was no way out. I was talking about someone to a friend when he walked in and heard me. Even though he heard little of my remarks, he saw my face flush red with shame and embarrassment. I knew gossip was wrong. I did it anyway. But the hurt it caused was more damaging than any personal benefit to me. It was sin, and I had to apologize and make it right.

Joseph could have easily sinned with Potiphar’s wife. They could have been two consenting adults. But they did not have God’s consent. Joseph showed his righteousness not just by his speech, but by his action. He ran out of there fast.

Have your ever faced temptation and tried to rationalize it. Have you tried to back out slowly? Run from sin. Get away from the possibility of being caught in its grip.

Father, I want my life to reflect Your righteousness. My own righteousness is worthless compared to Yours. Help me to do the right thing.