Sunday, August 17, 2008

August 18, 2008

FOUNDING MY PLACE IN GOD’S PLAN

Read the Bible through:
AM –
Psalm 119:1-88 : PM – Rom. 8:18-39

CARE ABOUT OTHERS
Genesis 45:1-3

3 “Then Joseph said to his brothers, "I am Joseph; does my father still live?" But his brothers could not answer him, for they were dismayed in his presence.”


Maybe you’ve heard the expression, “I don’t get mad, I get even.” If there was someone justified in “getting even,” it would have been Joseph. Years earlier he had been sold into slavery by his jealous brothers. He had risen from slavery to a position of power in the land; and now his brothers were standing in front of him asking for food. This was Joseph’s chance to get even. Instead he chose kindness. In spite of all the difficulties Joseph endured because of his brothers, he still cared about them.

Everyday we have choices. How will we deal with the people we meet? Will we ignore them or even worse, “get even”? Or will we show caring and kindness in spite of how they have treated us? Joseph’s example challenges us to show we care about others no matter how they have acted toward us.

Father, help me to show I care through my words and actions every day.