Thursday, June 28, 2007

June 28

God Wants Me to Be Kind

Accepting others' kindness
2 Kings 4:8-11

Read the Bible through:
AM -
2 Chronicles 32 : PM - John 20:1-18

Now it happened one day that Elisha went to Shunem, where there was a notable woman, and she persuaded him to eat some food. So it was, as often as he passed by, he would turn in there to eat some food
(2 Kings 4:8).

Because of the Shunammite woman's kindness, Elisha could carry on the work of the Lord.

A few weeks ago when my wife and daughter were on a mission trip in the Far East, Ruth Whisenhunt arranged for me to have dinner with a different church family nearly every evening. I had some of the best home cooked food and conversation in the world that week. Ruth's commitment to the Lord's work caused her to reach out to her pastor when he was alone. Each evening was a joy.

Along with the food, my hosts brought words of encouragement and I gratefully accepted their kindness.

Lord, lead me to accept the help of others, knowing that You are the source of all blessings.