Wednesday, June 13, 2007

June 14

God Wants Me to Live In Peace
Not in fear and lying
Genesis 26:7-17

Read the Bible through:
AM -
1 Chronicles 28-29 : PM - John 9

And the men of the place asked about his wife. And he said, "She is my sister"; for he was afraid to say, "She is my wife," because he thought, "lest the men of the place kill me for Rebekah, because she is beautiful to behold."
(Gen. 26:7).

Fear is a devastating emotion. The degrees of fear range from minor to life threatening. The results are many and varied. Americans, as well as others throughout the world, have experienced a wide range of fears the past few years. Fear can cause physical and emotional pain. It can cause missed opportunities. Fear can result in sin such as lying, as it did in Isaac's case. Fear robs a believer of joy and peace.

When our daughter was a little girl, there was a time when she was afraid of the dark. I taught her Psalm 27:1; The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" This verse reminded her that God was with her and would take care of her. She had nothing to fear.

Father, thank You, that I have nothing to be afraid of because You are my salvation in every circumstance.