Sunday, June 17, 2007

June 18

God Wants Me to Live In Peace

Not In envy and provocation
Galatians 5:26

Read the Bible through:
AM -
2 Chronicles 7-9 : PM - John 12:1-9

Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another
(Gal. 5:26).


I think it would be wonderful to have a beautiful voice so I could sing praises to God. However, I am not blessed with that gift. God has given me other gifts.

God's Word instructs me that I should not be envious of the gifts He has given to others. I am to discover, develop, and use the ones he has given to me. God puts people with the gifts a church needs into a local congregation to be used for the good of the body of believers and for His glory. My church needs my gifts just as it needs the gifts of those who sing.

Also, I am not to provoke others by being critical or by arguing. I am not to be uncooperative. I am to be supportive and encouraging to all who serve God in my church.

Father, thank You for the gifts You have given me.
Help me to develop, use and be contented with them.