Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Dec. 3, 2008

The Message of Christmas

Read the Bible through:
AM –
Daniel 9 : PM – 1 John 2

The Spirit Sent
Galatians 4:6-7

6
And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, "Abba, Father!"

As he recovered from the formidable task of extinguishing 70 candles on his birthday cake, the preacher’s wife and their children reminisced about some to the feats and foibles of his career as husband and father. His middle-aged daughter warmed his heart when she offered the unsolicited comment: “When I was a child, I knew I could always count on you to stop what you were doing and listen to me. You never made me feel like I was an interruption.”

How it warms my heart even more to know that we can count on our Heavenly Father to listen to His children. What an incredible thing this is that we are encouraged to use the Aramaic equivalent of “Daddy” when we bring our concerns before the eternal creator of this vast universe. And more incredible still is that still, small voice in our hearts, the Spirit’s confirmation of that intimate relationship with Him.

Father, what an unspeakable blessing it is to know that You listen even to our childlike requests.