Saturday, December 20, 2008

Dec. 21, 2008

The Love of Christmas

Read the Bible through:
AM –
Nahum 1-3 : PM – Revelation 12

God’s Gift
1 John 3:1-3

1 “Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him."


Ernest Mosley says, “One of the nicest compliments I received as a child and teenager was ‘You must be Arthur Mosley’s son. Even then my physical characteristics resembled those of my father. But I always hoped the compliments were more about Dad’s character than his physical appearance. Dad, who completed five years of formal education, was respected in the community for his wisdom, genuine, spirituality, integrity, hard work, and love for his family. I wanted to be respected like my dad. Being called Arthur’s son was an honor.”

But even that honor cannot compare with being called “sons of God.” What a gift of love that God should send His Son to pay the price for our sins and receive us as His children. That is why John exclaimed, “What manner of love the Father has bestowed upon us.” What a gift! Rejoice, children of God, for one day we will be like Him.

Lord, help me live so people will recognize me as Your child.