Friday, December 19, 2008

Dec. 20, 2008

The Love of Christmas

Read the Bible through:
AM –
Micah 5-7 : PM – Revelation 11

God’s Motivation
John 3:16-17

16
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

Several years ago I served as interim pastor of a church located about 45 miles from my home. Driving home one Sunday night, my heart filled with joy. God had revealed His love to the church and three young men had responded with saving faith. What did we do to cause God to give us such a gift, such and outpouring of His love? I wondered.

The familiar words of John 3:16 became alive in my mind. God blessed us not because we deserved it, but because He “so loved the world.” He sent “his only begotten Son” to die for us so we can have everlasting life with Him.

Through tears of joy I thought God loved Johnny Nantz so much that He sent the only Son of His perfect nature to the world so that Johnny Nantz could believe in Him and never, ever self-destruct but fully live forever. Perhaps you would like to insert you name in this paraphrased verse.

Thank You, Lord, for Your eternal love.